School Athletics Carnival
Date: Tuesday May 7
Sylvania Athletics Track – Sylvania Waters
225R Belgrave Esplanade, Sylvania Waters
- Roll Call 8.30am – compulsory attendance. Year Coordinators will mark rolls
- 1500m – 8:15am SHARP. The 1500m is for serious competitors only and will be run at 8.15am before the start of the carnival. If you are running in this event you MUST make your own way to the carnival.
- Buses from school will be leaving at 7.50am and returning at approximately 2.30pm
- PE Uniforms and tracksuit
- Rain jacket if threatening
- Hat and Sunscreen
- A rug to sit on
- House colours – no house colours if travelling on train
CANTEEN: There will be NO canteen available at the field however Year 9 will be running a back sale. No food to be order &/or delivered to the field, as it will be confiscated.
- Age you turn this year
- The Pointscores will be calculated on your age eg: there will be a 12 years pointscore winner etc
WEATHER: If the weather is very wet / thunderstorms please check back here
IGSSA Athletics Carnival Information
Sydney International Athletic Centre
Time leaving: The Athletes bus will leave Danebank at 6:30am sharp (carnival starts 8.30am)
Time returning: Approximately 4.00pm
The 800m heats and hurdles will be held at SIAC warm up track commencing at approximately 4.00pm. If parents could assist with transport that would be very much appreciated. .
Girls will be required to wear the school tracksuit to the carnival, and the school athletics singlet (which they can purchase from the uniform shop).
Year 7 Spectators – IGSSA Athletics Carnival
It has been a tradition at Danebank for all Year 7 students to spectate at the Independent Girls Schools’ Athletics Carnival. This will be a great experience for the girls to see how an Athletics meet is organised. Every Sydney based IGSSA school brings spectators to cheer and support their athletics team and we are proud of the wonderful school spirit this has promoted.
Time: 8.25am – normal roll call at buses (If you are competing you must catch the Athletes bus)
8.35am – buses leave
3.00pm approximate arrival back at Danebank School
Venue: Sydney International Athletic Centre, Homebush
Girls are to wear full school uniform. Canteen facilities are available but food is very expensive. Girls are recommended to bring their lunch from home. This is a compulsory excursion – all girls must attend
Your enthusiasm and support will be much appreciated by the Athletics team.