|Term 1||Badminton||Sat (am)|
|Tennis - IGSSA||Sat (am)|
|Water Polo||Sat (am)|
|Term 2||Basketball||Sat (am)|
|Football (Soccer)||Sat (am)|
|Term 3||Hockey - IGSSA||Sat (am)|
|Basketball - I'm a Girl Program||Wed|
|Dragon Boating (end Tm3)||Regattas|
|Term 4||Touch Football||Sat (am)|
|Water Polo||Sat (am)|
|Summer Hockey||Wed (pm)|
|All Year||Fitness||Wed Lunch|
|Training/s||Sat morning sports||Morning|
|Dragon Boating||Thu-pm & Sat-pm|
|Trials||Sport Trials||As Listed|
IMPORTANT IGSSA INFORMATION RE VENUE CLOSURES:
A request has been received from IGSSA for parents and girls to follow the wet weather guidelines. We have 3 ways they can do so –
1. Visit the closure page on our website (http://ahigs.nsw.edu.au/tabid/687/Default.aspx)
2. Visit the closure section of myIGSSA (http://m.ahigs.nsw.edu.au/) reminding them that they DO NOT need to register to use the mobile screens – information attached.
3. Use the bounceback sms system.
Welcome to the Danebank Sports site. We look forward to working in collaboration with you to make your daughter’s experience, while here at Danebank, the best it can be. All sport enquiries can be emailed to firstname.lastname@example.org
A key feature of myIGSSA is the mobile application which is the public component where draws, maps, venue closures and results will be accessible on smart mobile devices for your teams, coaches, parents and staff to utilise.
To access all mobile screens you will need to set up a bookmark – http://m.ahigs.nsw.edu.au/
These screens will allow everyone to:
- Find Games for selected teams (including links to maps)
- Check results and ladders
- Check Venue Closures
Participating in Sports
On this site, you will find all the information required for each of the sports that Danebank runs on Saturday mornings.
This program is not compulsory, but we do encourage your daughter to get involved for the myriad of physical, friendship and health benefits that sport provides. These include:
- Enhancing each girl’s sense of self
- Improving each girl’s capacity to manage challenging circumstances
- Moving with confidence while learning new skills and activities
- Developing these skills will enable them to adopt and promote healthy, active lifestyles
- Promoting enjoyable, lifelong physical activities
- Providing the physical benefits of good muscle tone, improved cardiovascular health, balance, co-ordination, good skin and hair, improved concentration, fitness and sleep
Also, the social benefits of participating in sport are very important. Both you and your daughter will meet students and parents from other year groups. You can make life long friendships from these experiences. You will visit some interesting schools and different places in Sydney, and enjoy some very exciting games, and just think of the quality time you will get to spend in the car with your daughter enroute to different venues!
It is imperative that you support and encourage your daughter to make a firm commitment to both training sessions during the weeks and games on Saturday mornings. This will ensure the smooth running of all teams, and, whilst at times you may think that missing one week is not a problem, it does have an impact on the other players and parents.
Registering to Play
At this time, you and your daughter will be required to sign a commitment contract when you register for each sport.
Registering online is easy. Follow these steps:
1. The Register online button is on the right hand side on this page. Click on the link to register.
2. Fill in all the details required and submit.
3. An email will be sent to parents confirming the registrations for sport
4. Please note that there are different sports are offered in different terms. They are:
Term 1 –
Water Polo Danebank competition
Dragon Boating – Saturday 9thth Feb 2019 (Chinese New Year Festival)
NB: Dragon Boating 2018-19 is for the current season and involves all regattas, State & National championships
Term 2 –
Eastern Districts Hockey
Term 3 –
Term 4 –
Indoor Hockey (High school – Wednesday PM)
Touch Football IGSSA
Water Polo IGSSA
Students wishing to join Dragon Boating will register at school.